Cosmetic Medical treatments have evolved greatly in the past two decades since Dr Van Aardt entered this fascinating area of practice in Nova Scotia, now licensed and also working in New Brunswick and Ontario. Along his career path, Dr. van Aardt continually strives for excellence in his field, keeping current and educating colleagues. He has served on the board of the Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine since 2007, has served a tenure as President of the Association and continues to contribute. In addition to teaching, he lectures at conferences and advises Industry partners about the latest procedures and techniques, allowing him to maintain a high level of expertise in his practice.
Dr Van Aardt was born in South Africa, completed his medical degree and residency in Cape Town before moving to Atlantic Canada in 1993. Having acquired skills in surgery and anesthesiology in South Africa, he was able to apply those well while working in remote parts of Newfoundland, but needed more professional stimulation besides the ER and family practice after moving to Nova Scotia. In 1999 Dr Van Aardt started learning from the best minds in the cosmetic medical and dermatological field in Canada and internationally to apply in his practice and expand into the area of Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr. van Aardt has a broad base of clinical experience and expertise to draw on. He’s been offering dermatological laser treatments to patients since 2000. He is also among the top 25 injectors of more than 1,000 Allergan accounts in Canada.
Dr. van Aardt graduated from the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town, South Africa in 1991, with degrees in Medicine and Surgery and is board certified in Family Medicine. (TBC) He is licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons in:
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- South Africa
Prior to basing his practice in Truro, Dr. van Aardt held privileges at the Yarmouth Regional Hospital and was Chief of Staff at Twillingate Hospital in Newfoundland. He also has 10 years of emergency room experience.
Dr. van Aardt believes in learning and teaching. He regularly attends conferences and educational workshops, and credits his own teachers and mentors with much of his success. He is a sought-after speaker on Aesthetic Medicine, as well as having authored two chapters in the popular medical text Procedures in Primary Care, Elsevier.
- Allergan Canada Inc (Botox) – Preceptor and Consultant, Educator for physicians
- Coherent AMT (Laser company) – Preceptor, Educator for physicians
- Laser Plus Clinical Esthetics and Cosmetic Medicine training – Director and Educator
- Leenyx – Hylacorp ® – Preceptor, Educator for physicians (South Africa)
- Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine (CAAM) – Past President.
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery – Fellow
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Certified Member
- Sybaritic USA – Member of the Medical Faculty
- European Institute of Scientific Anti-Aging Medicine – Anti-Aging Medicine Specialization
- Advisory board member – Maschera Skin care Inc.