COVID-19 Safety: An Important Message To Clients From Dr. van Aardt
The safety and comfort of every client and every staff member is of the utmost importance to me. My clinics in Halifax, Bedford, and Truro adhere to all Nova Scotia provincial guidelines for COVID-19 safety, as well as the Canadian COVID-19 Consensus Guidelines for Cosmetic Medical Practice published on May 5th, 2020.
The following measures will be in place for your protection for the foreseeable future:
• Medical consultations and follow-up visits will be done virtually online on Mondays.
• In-person visits will be for treatments and select consultations only. Clients must wear a mask.
• Clients will wait in their vehicles or outside and text or call to announce they have arrived. We’ll call or text you back when it’s safe to
• When you arrive, we’ll ask some screening questions, take your temperature, and provide you with a mask if necessary.
• You will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver at your first visit.
• Physical glass barriers have been installed at the reception desk.
• Please wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer after you arrive.
• No more than three people are allowed in the waiting area and social distancing is required in common areas.
• Treatment rooms are meticulously sanitized between all appointments.
• For facial procedures, caregivers will wear a mask, gloves, and face shield, while the client will remove their mask only during the
procedure. A new mask will be provided to the clients immediately after.
• At checkout, you will see a modest PPE fee of between $2 and $5, depending on the service, to help offset the cost associated with the
• To observe appropriate social distancing, there will be a designated exit to leave the building.
• We will be serving slightly fewer clients each day in order to accommodate sanitizing routines and social distancing.
I truly appreciate your understanding, patience, and compliance with all these measures as we work together to overcome the immense challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has thrust upon us.
Please request a consultation here, if you would like to schedule an appointment.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!
Dr Renier van Aardt MD (MB,ChB) CCFP